Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hanging in there

Well, I don't have much of an update but I really wanted to tell you that all your comments are keeping me sane. The bleeding/spotting has completely stopped since monday afternoon (I bleed a bit after the scans) and in fact now I have completely clear mucus which I believe is normal. No pain on the right side which is good. Some twinges but no cramps. Of course I know this means nothing until we have a proper ultrasound but still...

I didn't go back to the hospital yesterday, couldn't be bothered even phoning in my beta as of monday. One girl that posts on the board I post too told me that the same hospital screwed up her daughter bloodtest too and that nearly brought tears to my eyes!! Maybe maybe they did screw them up.
Reading around (as you can imagine I've done this nearly 24/7!) there is also the possibility that I did miscarry one of the embryos. This, assuming no lab error was made, would fit well with the HCG odd behaviour and the fact that they did indeed pick up again on monday. We'll just have to wait and see. Yesterday to be honest I wasn't feeling positive at all, started wrecking my head with all the possible scenarios of discrepancies between values and the fact that I don't have one from the clinic for friday is my main worry (like...what if the lab result from the clinic on friday would have been indeed in the 3000 range...) but then I know there is no point. I have taken a few days off work, basically I think I'll go back next monday if everything is well, this is too important to be underestimated. Mam will go back tomorrow and she was a fantastic help.
I have gone out of the house yesterday and today for nice walks, and it didn't seem to bring bleeding along. The Favourite Doctor actually said there is not much point in staying in bed really. So that's the news for today, thanks to all of you and big hugs.

4 comments:

Momasita said...

I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. It may have been that you lost a twin, and if that's the case I'm so sorry. I know it's hard to do, but try to enjoy this pregnancy. You are pregnant, my dear, rejoice.

Flower said...

Continue to hang in there and try to enjoy this pregnancy as much as you can. I'm glad that the bleeding stopped...I can't wait for you u/s. It is going to be aiight.

Michele said...

Just saying prayers and hoping for good news (and a lab error). I am counting down to reading about your u/s and that positive, good news... Thinking of you...

Chelle said...

I hope and pray that everything is okay. The bleeding stopping is a good sign. Keep your chin up.