Saturday, November 21, 2009

ICLW week determination

This time I'm determined to post twice as required for this ICLW cycle. You all just deserve it. I just realised I've already made two new friends (welcome!!) and can't wait to read more about you.

Let's see where we are at. Well, you can read most of my IF-drama in my profile. Yes yes you got it right, two damn exctopic preganancies out of two fresh ICSI cycles have wiped away any left hope for a natural pregnancy ever to happen to me and I have to tell you that two natural cycles after the last surgery and methotrexate (yes that too! and I've called myself the Ectopic Queen ever since) I cannot believe I'm back to my normal self of three years ago, before all the TTC business started. You see, if there is no hope there isn't the disappointment! And you may think "poor thing...sure I would say the same if I was tubeless.." but no no I really mean it. Even when we (I) said in the past "ok, let's take a break from this crap (i.e. no OPK, no BBT, no TTC, no LH/FSH/HCG and the classic WTF)" I never really was on a break. Deep deep down I was still hoping for a miracle...they happen sometimes right? And I know you understand the stress of it all.

Anyway, we now know that our only chance is with ICSI (male factor was the only reason of our childless life apparently) and we'll give it another shot in January/February (we have dates actually, so all going well EC will be on the 3rd of February).

Meanwhile I'll be talking about work, the attic project and anything else that goes on in my life in between cycles! Thank you for stopping by, I hope you'll stick around!

ps: I'm celebrating my 100 post here! ...and 3 years of TTC madness

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thanks so much for the comment that you left on my blog. I'm hoping and praying that the ICSI works for you!

Jess said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I noticed that you are from Ireland. My in-laws are from Dublin and my hubby has a lot of family over there still. We really hope to visit one day. Actually, had we skipped ttc we could have afforded it by now! LOL

Good luck on your next cycle! I will be following to see how things go.

Heather said...

Happy 100 posts! I need some of your great attitude. Eventually I hope to find it.

Thanks for the thoughtful comment in my blog. I really appreciate it.

Fertility Chick said...

Fran, you know I will be cheering you on in the new year like nobody's business. I hope to be back at it by then too...so hopefully we can help support each other!

Happy 100 posts!!

Eileen said...

YAY! I might be cycling with you in January! ;-).

*ICLW*

Noelle said...

You sure have been through a lot. I am so sorry! I can only imagine what you mean about being back to your former self. I agree...sometimes having that hope really sucks. Tonight I was just missing my former self. I heard a song that reminded me of myself before this IF business, and it made me sad. I think that it is great that you are keeping busy with other projects while you are waiting. I hope that the ICSI works for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW! I just had my first ectopic pregnancy after an IUI. We are dx with MFI too. I am so thankful to still have my tube.
Good luck with your journey!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100 posts and ICLW! You know I'm hoping for you in the new year, but until then I enjoy reading about the other parts of your life.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! I'm sorry you've had to go through the wringer, but I'm glad you have a positive outlook on it. I pray that this new cycle will be a success!!

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

Yay for 100 posts! Looking forward to hearing about life between cycles and then again next year ;)

(ICLW)

Momasita said...

Wow 100 posts!

Photogrl said...

Happy 100 posts! :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

It sounds like your attic project is going to be a great distraction between now and your next ICSI.

ICLW

linda said...

I've lost my tubes too...severe endometriosis...and it's hard to lose that hope that you have each month when you're trying naturally. Seeing my fertile CM each month killed me knowing I couldn't do anything with it. :(

You've got a great attitude and I hope that you guys are successful in your cycle next year!