Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lots going on

I'm really bad at posting at the moment! I'm so deeply engaging with bloggers going through cycles that I forget to update my own.

I have everything crossed for all of you my friends, I can't wait to hear your good news and even more to confirm the good news which cautious IFers are not able to fully enjoy just yet.

So I have no updates on the attic project because the architect hasn't called back yet, and the only other thing going on at the moment is work. I went back into the lab myself to do a bit and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed hands-on-research. I have to try and do it more. I've nearly finished teaching for this semester and the next one will be quite a lot more demanding, but I won't be thinking about it just yet! My PhD students are all doing well, no drama at present, let's hope it'll last.

And on friday we're flying to Italy for a quick weekend, I'm meeting some colleagues at my former University and most importantly...I'm picking up my super laptop!! No...I didn't convert to the cute Mac...I didn't have the courage, but I can't wait to put my hands on the new toy that's waiting for me there! My next blogpost will be from there :o)
Also I asked specifically my mum to buy loads of chestnuts....I love them roasted and you just cannot find them in Ireland....and then I'll go out with my friends for some delicious hot chocolate...mmmmhhh can't wait! Mike on the other hand is very happy that he can watch the Ireland-France World Cup match with my dad. Every one's happy!

12 comments:

Tina said...

YAY for a weekend trip to Italy and your new computer!!! Hope you have a great time!

Heather said...

Ohhh...have fun in Italy. DH and I had the. best. food. ever in Italy.

And once you go mac, you'll never go back! LOL! Macs rock.

Courtney said...

Your weekend trip sounds amazing! Can I come too??? :-)

C said...

You are so awesome! Glad you are back in the lab and enjoying it.

Hooray for going home and having time with family and friends. Safe travels and enjoy your new toy :)

Fertility Chick said...

Have an absolutely wonderful weekend away!!

As for your Mac - I am oh so jealous!! I want one too!!!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, Frannie Fran, you sound so happy and well - so nice to see! I love chestnuts, too! Enjoy your wonderful weekend and your fun new toy!
Love,
Maddy
P.S. Thanks for looking at my temp! It dipped this morning - can't wait to see what it's doing tomorrow! :-)

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo for a weekend away in ITALY - how awesome!! Enjoy it and indulge in those Chestnuts ;)

xxx

Flower said...

I'm so jealous...I would love to go to Italy. Enjoy!

Momasita said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to Italy. It seems so easy to travel from country to country in Europe. I'm glad to hear that things are going well. How is that student of yours that had the mini meltdown?

Photogrl said...

Have a GREAT weekend trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time in Italy!

Michele said...

Have a great time in Italy!!!

And if you need chestnuts, I can post some over from Pennsylvania. We have chestnuts galore!